Author’s note: This is Part Two of a two part article. Part One was posted on the Patriot Statesman 09/24/2012 and included the following explanation.
The title of this article may sound disrespectful to some; so here are my definitions to make it less offensive to any who are able and willing to learn about a subject before rendering their “expert opinions”. “Expert” is derived thusly: “Ex”, a Latin term meaning “from”; “spurt”, “a drip under pressure”.
Ignorance, to me, denotes those who don’t know about an event or subject because they haven’t heard of it or haven’t had it explained to them. Once informed, they cease to be ignorant. “Dummies”, however, have wasted opportunities to learn about an event and/or subject but have formed opinions that differ, sometimes substantially, from facts.
Islam for Dummies, Part Two
Given the mindless, unrestrained mob violence playing out in predominantly Muslim countries, let’s dispense with the standard caveat: “Most Muslims are peaceful, tolerant people who only want to be left alone to practice their religion.” Since millions of Muslims are rioting supposedly in response to – an otherwise obscure video produced thousands of miles from their country – it’s patently clear the U.S. hasn’t and isn’t interfering with their ability “to practice their religion”.
Instead let’s examine U.S. citizens (and residents) who are Islamic apologists and supporters. Many who support Islam do so as a religious freedom issue without understanding the totality of Islam which is comprised of religion, culture, economic, legal (primarily Sharia law), military and political components. Focusing on only one or two of those components can lead to blind spots concerning others. I wrote to U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutcheson expressing my concerns about Sharia law. She replied I shouldn’t be concerned because “the U.S. Constitution protects us from Sharia”.
However – when the state of Oklahoma enacted legislation to prohibit the introduction of Sharia law into Oklahoma’s legal system – the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) instituted a lawsuit by an Oklahoma Muslim who claimed prohibiting Sharia law would violate his religious freedom. A federal judge agreed and stayed the legislation.
CAIR is the most outspoken defender of Islam in the U.S but CAIR was affirmed by the U.S. Justice Department as an American front organization for the terrorist group Hamas. It was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism financing trial in American history. The U.S. Department of Justice started an investigation of the unindicted CAIR officials in 2001. AG Holder terminated that investigation in 2011. For a different (than the Obama administration) perspective on AG Holder’s decision, you can read “Did Obama and Holder Scuttle Terror Finance Prosecutions?”
Some apologists tell anecdotes about a Muslim co-worker, friend, neighbor or relative they know to be “moderate”. Here’s a valid three-question test to ask your “moderate Muslim” to answer.
Do you agree:
(1) Israel has the right to exist as a separate nation?
(2) American Christians and Jews should be free to provide Muslims – residing in the U.S. – information about Christianity and Judaism?
- This is a question of whether Sharia law – that doesn’t allow Muslims to be proselytized – trumps U.S. citizens’ Constitutional freedom of speech.
- Dearborn, MI, June, 2010 – “Police stopped a couple of Christians within three minutes of passing out Gospel of John pamphlets in Arabic and English outside of the Arab International Festival. Not inside. Outside. On a public street. In an American city. Protected by the First Amendment. Sometimes.”
(3) Sharia law should be introduced into the U.S. legal system although it conflicts directly with several U.S. Constitution guarantees of freedoms?
A truly moderate Muslim will answer: “Yes”, “Yes”, “No”. Immoderate Muslims will parse terms and words. These Muslims excel in avoiding and deflecting difficult questions. That’s not surprising; Sharia law allows Muslims to tell non-believers one thing and fellow Muslims the exact opposite.
Finally, let’s look at what the book “Sharia Law for Non-Muslims” details Sharia law would dictate to U.S. citizens if it becomes the “law of the land” supplanting the U.S. Constitution.
- defines non-Muslims as “Kafirs” who are inferior to Muslims. (Page 19)
- is deadly for Kafirs, both female and male. Sharia allows Kafirs to be: lied to; mocked; plotted against; terrorized and beheaded. (Pages 18-19)
- contains no freedoms of religion, press, speech, thought or artistic expression;
- there is no equality of people; non-Muslims aren’t equal to a Muslim;
- there are no equal rights for women; women can be beaten;
- a non-Muslim cannot bear arms. (Page 3)
- Muslims believe Sharia law is directly from Allah and must, therefore, prevail over the “man-made” U.S. Constitution. (Page 3)
Muslims tell Christians and Jews they are “People of the Book” but:
- Christians – only those who believe Jesus was a man who was a prophet of Allah; there is no Trinity; Jesus was not crucified, not resurrected; that he will return to establish Sharia law.
- Jews – must believe Mohammed is the last in the line of Jewish prophets.
- Otherwise, both are also Kafirs to be treated the same as other Kafirs. Page 19.
Finally, check further into “Sharia Law for Non-Muslims” and you will find the peaceful, tolerant religion of Islam, under Sharia law, allows the death penalty for: apostasy (renouncing Islam), adultery and homosexuality.
Okay, it’s time for a quiz to separate the now-educated from those who remain dummies:
- Do you still think Muslims will love and respect us if we quit “meddling in their countries”?
- Since the ultimate goal of Islam is “a worldwide caliphate governed by Islamic law”, are U.S. citizens to stand idly by while a Muslim minority (AKA the Muslim Brotherhood) subverts the U.S. from within?
- Are you willing to learn more about the totality of Islam, then vote against a President whose record to date favors Islam especially when Israel is involved?
- Or, are you willing to convert to Islam and learn to pray in Arabic or Farsi?
- If so, why don’t you relocate to Egypt, Libya or, better yet, to Iran or Saudi Arabia before voting in the 2012 election?