In writing this installment it was apparent three parts are necessary. The three parts: (1) Obama’s Attacks on Christianity, Judaism and Israeli national security (2) an American citizen refutes Obama’s claim “Islam has always been a part of American History“ which segues into (3) Obama’s unqualified support of Islam. This is Part Two.
A Challenge to 2012 Voters – Place National Interests Ahead of Personal Interests
Installment Four – Dividing by Religion, Part Two
Obama’s claim of the “Muslim Heritage in America”
This article addresses the “Muslim Heritage” Barack Obama claimed for the USA in his Cairo Speech in which he said “I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America’s story.” To justify that claim, Obama said: “The first nation to recognize my country was Morocco.”
The claim about Morocco will be addressed in a brief historical review of the Barbary Wars following an excellent response to Obama’s unsupported claim,
First, please allow me to introduce Jack Woodard. Mr. Woodard’s blog includes a “Share this” option so it’s my privilege to share, verbatim, his refutation of Obama’s statement. It’s titled: “Refuting Obama’s False and Foolish Claim of Islam’s Place in America’s History”.
An American Citizen’s Response
Dear Mr. Obama:
Were those Muslims that were in America when the Pilgrims first landed? Funny, I thought they were Native American Indians.
Were those Muslims that celebrated the first Thanksgiving Day? Sorry again, those were Pilgrims and Native American Indians.
Can you show me one Muslim signature on the United States Constitution? Declaration of Independence? Bill of Rights?
Didn’t think so.
Did Muslims fight for this country’s freedom from England? No.
Did Muslims fight during the Civil War to free the slaves in America? No, they did not. In fact, Muslims to this day are still the largest traffickers in human slavery. Your own half brother, a devout Muslim, still advocates slavery himself, even though Muslims of Arabic-descent refer to black Muslims as “pug nosed slaves.” Says a lot of what the Muslim world really thinks of your family’s “rich Islamic heritage,” doesn’t it Mr. Obama?
Where were Muslims during the Civil Rights era of this country? Not present.
There are no pictures or media accounts of Muslims walking side by side with Martin Luther King, Jr. or helping to advance the cause of Civil Rights.
Where were Muslims during this country’s Woman’s Suffrage era? Again, not present. In fact, devout Muslims demand that women are subservient to men in the Islamic culture. So much so, that often they are beaten for not wearing the ‘hajib’ or for talking to a man who is not a direct family member or their husband. Yep, the Muslims are all for women’s rights, aren’t they?
Where were Muslims during World War II? They were aligned with Adolf Hitler. The Muslim grand mufti himself met with Adolf Hitler, reviewed the troops and accepted support from the Nazis in killing Jews.
Finally, Mr. Obama, where were Muslims on Sept. 11th, 2001? If they weren’t flying planes into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon or a field in Pennsylvania killing nearly 3,000 people on our own soil, they were rejoicing in the Middle East … No one can dispute the pictures shown from all parts of the Muslim world celebrating on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and other cable news networks that day. Strangely, the very “moderate” Muslims whose ‘backsides’ you bent over backwards to kiss in Cairo, Egypt on June 4th were stone cold silent post 9-11. To many Americans, their silence has meant approval for the acts of that day.
And THAT, Mr. Obama, is the “rich heritage” Muslims have here in America .
Oh, I’m sorry; I forgot to mention the Barbary Pirates. They were Muslim.
And now we can add November 5, 2009 – the slaughter of American soldiers at Fort Hood by a Muslim major who is a doctor and a psychiatrist who was supposed to be counseling soldiers returning from battle in Iraq and Afghanistan
That, Mr. Obama is the “Muslim heritage” in America
Brief History of the Barbary Wars
I added nothing to Jack Woodard’s excellent commentary. However, his mention of the Barbary Pirates prompted this brief history lesson. It’s important to understand that – except as Obama mentioned in Cairo, early on, Morocco recognized the USA 12/20/1777 – the first encounters between the fledgling USA and Obama’s “Muslim Heritage” were outside rather than “in America”. Those initial encounters are known as the “Barbary Wars”.
Those wars commenced in 1784 when pirates from the Barbary States – Algiers, Morocco, Tunis and Tripoli – “led attacks upon American merchant shipping in an attempt to extort ransom for the lives of captured sailors, and ultimately tribute from the United States to avoid further attacks, much like their standard operating procedure with the various European states”.
The Barbary conflict continued through the Second Barbary Wars that ended in 1815 when a few Muslim pirates proved to be little challenge to the quickly developing U.S. Navy.
“The turning point in the war came with the Battle of Derna (April–May 1805). Ex-consul William Eaton, who went by the rank of General, and US Marine First Lieutenant Presley O’Bannon led a mixed force of eight United States Marines and 500 Greeks from the island of Crete, Arab, and Berber mercenaries on a march across the desert from Alexandria, Egypt to assault and to capture the Tripolitan city of Derna. This was the first time the United States flag was raised in victory on foreign soil. This action was memorialized in a line from the Marines’ Hymn – ‘to the shores of Tripoli’.”
The point: Jack Woodard is absolutely correct in his refutation of Obama’s statement: “I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America’s story.” Now, given Obama’s unsupported claim, here are your questions and challenges.
- Are you concerned enough about your country to investigate and determine issues of substance then vote for what you find to be in the best interests of the nation rather than cast your ballot for personal gain?
- Given Obama’s unsupported claim of an Islamic history in the USA, are there other issues on which he is misleading the country?
- Check out other Neil Stovall articles on this website, e.g.
- “Reasons for Opposing President Obama and His Re-election; “Does Obama Deserve a Passing Grade on Foreign Relations?”; “Suggested Presidential Debate Questions for Barack Obama”
- Read the other two parts of this installments “Dividing by Religion. Part One is already posted; Part Three should be posted soon.
- Read the other six installments of Obama’s divisions of the electorate.
- Installments 1, 2, 3 are posted; 5, 6, 7 will follow.
- Watch a trailer of the video “Losing Our Sons”. Two fathers tell about their sons. One is the father of a U.S. soldier shot and killed by the other father’s son, an American citizen who converted to Islam as a student at Tennessee State University and spent time in Yemen before killing this soldier and wounding another.
- The Catholic Church has a powerful video “Test of Fire”. Watch it by browsing
- Watch the documentary movie “2016: Obama’s America”. Decide if Obama’s actions are consistent with the U.S. Constitution and how a President should conduct himself while in office.
- If you can’t watch the movie, visit the following website and read former P&G VP, Lou Pritchett’s “Open Letter to President Obama”. http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/youscareme.asp