Author’s Note: This article addresses seven segments – into which the President has divided the electorate – so it is presented in seven installments. This is Part One of Installment Five “Dividing by National Origin. Part Two, “The Polarity of Magnets”, will be posted soon.
A Challenge to 2012 Voters – Place National Interests Ahead of Personal Interests
Dividing by National Origin – Part One
It’s well established – one of Obama’s re-election campaign strategies is to divide the electorate into segments loyal to him and thereby conquer the Republican presidential candidate. Obama’s carefully crafted divisions thus far include: age; economic status; gender, national origin; race; religion; sexual orientation. Each segment is/will be addressed with questions and challenges directed to members of that segment. Four articles are accessible on the Patriot Statesman website. The final two are expected to be posted mid-to-late October 2012.
This article addresses whether it is in the best interests of the U.S. to continue to allow illegal immigration while current illegal immigrants receive entitlements paid for by deficit spending and unfunded liabilities that threaten the country’s solvency. The article examines: current national debt; unfunded liabilities; U.S. Constitutional issues. It also covers two topics rarely mentioned regarding illegal immigration: the law of unintended consequences and polarity of magnets.
Dividing by National origin
The U.S. has a highly diverse and multicultural population because its residents and citizens arrived in the U.S. from many nations. The division by national origin primarily concerns which residents are in the U.S. legally and how those who are here illegally should be treated.
The U.S. government’s lax enforcement of immigration laws compounds the problem. Meanwhile, illegal immigrants, their advocates, apologists and supporters feel passionately that immigrants have a right to enter the U.S. illegally so some U.S. citizens choose which “laws of the land” they will obey and disobey. However, few if any consider the unintended consequences of their disobedience; more about that later.
Advocates and opponents of illegal immigration each hold firm positions – that are well known within each camp – so this article doesn’t rehash those. Instead, it addresses:
- false assumptions about U.S. economic and debt status;
- Constitutional issues the President raised by deciding DOMA is constitutional;
- Part One then examines “The Law of Unintended Consequences”.
- Part Two will examine the polarity of magnets, specifically the two poles that:
- attract illegal immigrants to the USA:
- repel illegal immigrants to leave their villages and towns, then
- suggest possible actions to make those villages and towns economically attractive.
The following may shed much needed light on our subject without overheating the discussion.
- False assumptions about the USA
- Illegal immigrants, activists and apologists view the USA as a rich nation that can afford to absorb all the sizeable costs of illegal immigration but the USA is actually a debtor nation.
- At 6:40 p.m. (CDT) 10/10/2012 the “official” National Debt was $16.164 trillion while Gross Domestic Product (GDP) was $15.409 trillion.
- National Debt has increased by $6 trillion on Obama’s watch but the official national debt is dwarfed by unfunded liabilities of Social Security and Medicare. At 6:45 p.m. 10/10/2012 unfunded liabilities for the two programs totaled $120.945 trillion (SS = $15.946 trillion; Medicare = $104.999 trillion.)
- More striking are National Debt (ND) and Unfunded Liabilities (UL) per taxpayer: ND = $141,183; UL = $1,056,486.
- The U.S. Constitution specifies three separate branches of government: Executive – headed by the President, executes laws passed by Congress; Legislative, enacts legislation and sends it to the President; Judicial, the Supreme Court rules on legislation when necessary to determine its constitutionality. President Obama usurped:
- judicial powers by ruling the Defense Of Marriage ACT (DOMA) unconstitutional. The U.S. Supreme Court alone decides constitutionality;
- legislative powers with his Executive Order implementing the DREAM Act that Congress didn’t enact.
- in so doing, he violated his oath to protect, preserve and defend the
- He doesn’t enforce U.S. immigration laws; won’t allow individual states to do so.
- The law of unintended consequences – often cited but rarely defined – is that actions of people, and especially of government, always have effects that are unanticipated or unintended. Economists and other social scientists have heeded its power for centuries; for just as long, politicians and popular opinion have largely ignored it.
Activists, apologists and supporters of illegal immigration need to know some of the many unintended consequences resulting from their financial support of illegal immigrants since illegal immigration into the USA is all about money.
- Most illegals emigrate in hope of finding work, earning enough money to support their families including some left behind in their native country;
- Many U.S. employers welcome immigrants as a source of cheap labor that makes their companies more profitable;
- Coyotes and safe-house operators are paid substantial amounts up front; some extort more en route and/or at destination;
- Drivers of vehicles from the border to drop-off points or more distant destinations are well paid for their services.
- Sometimes those vehicles crash killing numerous illegal immigrants in a vehicle. 07/23/2012 – 14 illegal immigrants were killed in a pickup-truck crash in Texas.
- In April 2012, three other drivers crashed their vehicles in Texas:
- 40 illegal immigrants were passengers;
- 10 were killed;
- 19 were injured.
- Owners and operators of sexually oriented businesses smuggle young girls into the U.S. with promises of work then force them into sex trade servitude:
- Judicial Watch investigators obtained documents from the Houston Police Department detailing a shocking sex trafficking operation run by illegal aliens, including a former prostitute, Maria Rojas, who had previously been deported.
- On 02/17/2011 after a three-year investigation, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Texas announced the indictment of Maria Rojas and her brother, Jose Luis Rojas, on sex trafficking conspiracy. charges.
- Since 2006, six HPD police officers have been killed or seriously injured by illegal aliens in Houston. The two killed:
- September 2006, HPD officer Rodney Johnson was shot by Juan Leonardo Quintero, an illegal immigrant from Mexico who had already been deported after being charged with indecency of a child. During the arrest, Quintero shot Johnson in the head. Officer Johnson left behind a wife and five children.
- June 2008, Officer Gary Gryder was struck and killed by a drunk driver while directing traffic. The driver, Hung Troung, an illegal immigrant, was charged with manslaughter.
- 05/02/2012 NBC newscast – NBC: Obama IRS refunds ‘Illegals’ $4.2 billion for kids–in Mexico – Investigative TV reporter Bob Segall of Indianapolis NBC affiliate WTHR TV Channel 13, was contacted by a long-time central Indiana tax preparer, who blew the whistle on a multi-billion dollar tax fraud about which the IRS has done nothing,
A 2010 audit showed this IRS fraud cost U.S. tax payers more than $4.2 billion. It’s ‘very troubling’ the IRS has not taken any action on the matter–despite these multiple warnings from their own inspector general.
There are other unintended consequences of U.S. citizens supporting illegal immigration. Each illegal immigration supporter should examine her/his conscience to decide if the “morality” of disobeying U.S. immigration laws outweighs the, sometimes deadly, unintended consequences of their actions.
- Are you concerned enough about your country to investigate and learn about this issue on which Obama chose to divide the nation? Can you separate facts from emotions and vote in the best interests of the nation?
- Do you understand the U.S. is a debtor nation not a rich nation? Are you a taxpayer? (About half of U.S. households pay no FIT.) Do you think it’s fair to saddle individual taxpayers with: $144,183 of National Debt; $1,056,486 in Unfunded Liabilities?
- Since the U.S. is a nation of laws, should citizens be allowed to choose which laws they will obey or should they work with their U.S. Representatives and Senators to change laws they consider unfair or unjust?
- Should a President – who has violated his oath to protect, preserve and defend the Constitution to the best of his ability – be rewarded with a second term?
- Face your conscience; decide if you should continue financing and supporting unintended consequences of illegal immigration. How would you justify your actions to the widow of a Houston Police Officer or to a young girl rescued from sexual servitude?
- Investigate Obama usurping the Constitutional powers of Congress and the Supreme Court; vote based on the results of your investigation.
- Check out other Neil Stovall articles on the Patriot Statesman website about Obama’s presidential campaign. Three of the more recent:
- The First 2012 Presidential Debate – Did Obama meet his match?
- Does Obama Deserve a Passing Grade on His Middle East and Islamic Countries Policies and Troop Withdrawals from Iraq and Afghanistan?
- Does Obama Say One Thing and Do Another? An Examination of Obama/Democrat Canards about Romney
- The Catholic Church has a powerful video “Test of Fire”.
- See the documentary movie “2016: Obama’s America”. Decide if: Obama is: ignoring the U.S. Constitution; following a personal agenda rather than protecting U.S. interests and sovereignty.
- If you can’t see the movie, visit the following website and read former P&G VP, Lou Pritchett’s “Open Letter to President Obama“. It will help you make the same decision.