Challenge to 2012 Voters – Place National Interests Ahead of Personal Interests
Author’s Note: This article addresses seven segments – into which the President has divided the electorate – so it is presented in seven installments. This is the final installment. (Articles were posted in alpha sequence by subject with one exception.) The first six installments are accessible on this Patriot Statesman website.
It’s well established – one of Obama’s re-election campaign strategies is to divide the electorate into segments loyal to him and thereby conquer the Republican presidential candidate. Obama’s carefully crafted divisions include: age; economic status; gender, national origin; race; religion; sexual orientation. Each segment is addressed with questions and challenges directed to members of that segment.
Whatever the number of LGBTs in the USA, it’s likely the total population, exclusive of hot-button issues applicable strictly to sexual orientation, regarding broader issues – such as the U.S. economy, national security, defending the U.S. Constitution – fall into the normal “bell shaped curve of distribution” with extremes at both ends but the majority falling between those extremes. Other articles accessible on this website examine those broader issues.
However, the article focuses on a much more critical factor for LGBTs. If seriously concerned about sustaining freedoms associated with your sexually oriented lifestyle, you need to examine and respond to the most potent threat not only to your lifestyle but to life itself. That threat arises from The Muslim Brotherhood and Sharia law.
The Patriot Statesman website includes several of my articles about Islam. The most recent is “Does Obama Deserve a Passing Grade on His Middle East and Islamic Countries Policies Including Troop Withdrawals from Iraq and Afghanistan?” Following are information about the Muslim Brotherhood and Sharia law from that and other of my Patriot Statesman articles.
The Muslim Brotherhood
To understand the world view and goal of Islam, one must examine the Muslim Brotherhood now firmly in power in Egypt where the U.S. embassy was invaded 09/11/2012. In Feb. 2011 Obama granted de facto recognition to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and the U.S. The Muslim Brotherhood was previously outlawed in Egypt because their 21st century objectives include: Goal: “a worldwide caliphate governed by Islamic law”; Motto: “Allah is our objective. The prophet is our leader. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our greatest hope.”
Many citizens, who support Islam, do so as a religious freedom issue without understanding the totality of Islam which is comprised of religion, culture, economic, legal (primarily Sharia law), military and political components. Focusing on only one or two of those components can lead to blind spots concerning others. I wrote to U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutcheson expressing my concerns about Sharia law. She replied that I shouldn’t be concerned because “the U.S. Constitution protects us from Sharia”.
However – when the state of Oklahoma enacted legislation to prohibit the introduction of Sharia law into Oklahoma’s legal system – the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) instituted a lawsuit by an Oklahoma Muslim who claimed prohibiting Sharia law would violate his religious freedom. A federal judge agreed and stayed the legislation.
Our most offensive freedom to Muslims is freedom of speech because – as evidenced by the recent uprisings and mindless mob violence – it doesn’t protect the prophet Mohammed, Allah or the Koran as they are protected under Sharia law. Yet, freedom of speech permits U.S citizens and residents to burn the U.S. flag, create a Broadway play on “The Book of Mormon”, claim: there is no God, God is dead.
Freedom of speech also allows U.S. Muslims to propagate Mohammed’s teachings: Jesus is a minor prophet; wasn’t the son of God; wasn’t crucified; there was no resurrection – the core concept of Christianity. Mohammed’s teachings offend some Christians but Muslims seek to prohibit any and all speech they deem critical of Mohammed, Allah, or their holy books. The question: does Muslim freedom of religion trump freedom of speech guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution?
Following the 09/11/2012 Muslim uprisings and attacks on U.S. embassies, Obama’s belated defense of our Constitutional freedom of speech – in his 09/25/2012 address to the UN – was unacceptable to Egyptian President, and Muslim Brotherhood member, Mohammed Morsi. In his 09/26/2012 UN speech, “in a voice thin with anger” Morsi declared: “We will not allow anyone to do this (insult Islamic sanctities) by word or deed.” Morsi also said: “Egypt respects freedom of expression but not a freedom of expression that targets a specific religion or a specific culture.”
Here’s a valid test: for anyone who views Islam as a peaceful, tolerant religion; ask your “moderate Muslim” three questions. Do you agree:
- Israel has the right to exist as a separate nation?
- American Christians and Jews should be free to provide U.S. Muslims information about Christianity and Judaism?
- Sharia law should be introduced into the U.S. legal system although it conflicts with the U.S. Constitution?
A truly moderate Muslim will answer: “Yes”, “Yes”, “No”. Immoderate Muslims will parse terms and words as President Clinton did with “Define ‘is’.” Immoderate Muslims excel in avoiding and deflecting difficult questions. That’s not surprising since Sharia law allows Muslims to tell non-believers one thing and fellow Muslims the exact opposite.
Muslims claim: Islam is the only true religion and Mohammed it only prophet; “Islamic law is perfect, universal and eternal.” So, it’s necessary to have a basic knowledge of Sharia law. Following are some facts from “Sharia Law for Non-Muslims” authored by Bill Warner of the Center for the Study of Political Islam.
Sharia law: Amazon.com: Sharia Law for Non-Muslims.
- allows the death penalty for apostasy; adultery, homosexuality;
- defines non-Muslims as “Kafirs” who are inferior to Muslims. (Page 19)
- is deadly for Kafirs, both female and male. Sharia allows Kafirs to be: lied to; mocked; plotted against; terrorized and beheaded. (Pages 18-19)
- contains no freedoms of religion, press, speech, thought or artistic expression;
- there is no equality of people; non-Muslims aren’t equal to a Muslim;
- there are no equal rights for women; women can be beaten;
- a non-Muslim cannot bear arms. (Page 3)
- Muslims believe Sharia law is directly from Allah and must, therefore, prevail over the “man-made” U.S. Constitution. (Page 3)
Muslims tell Christians and Jews they are “People of the Book” but:
- Christians – only those who believe Jesus was a man who was a prophet of Allah; there is no Trinity; Jesus was not crucified, not resurrected; that he will return to establish Sharia law.
- Jews – must believe Mohammed is the last in the line of Jewish prophets.
Otherwise, both are also Kafirs to be treated the same as other Kafirs. Page 19
- Do you agree Muslims’ right to religious freedom in the U.S. entitles them to introduce Sharia law into the U.S. legal system although Sharia denies non-Muslim citizens their rights of religion, press, speech and artistic expression?
- Will you investigate Islam in its totality rather than believe the propaganda the Muslim Brotherhood while they seek to subvert from within?
- Check out other Neil Stovall articles on the Patriot Statesman website.
- Independently of local Muslims, investigate Islam in its totality. Also, confirm details about Sharia law.
- Can Obama be trusted with National Security if given more flexibility? Watch this brief video to inform your decision.
- · Watch the documentary movie “2016: Obama’s America”. Decide if Obama represents your values and deserves a second term to reshape the USA.
- · If you can’t watch the movie, visit this website and read former P&G VP, Lou Pritchett’s “Open Letter to President Obama”. http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/youscareme.asp